- 16 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 16 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
This document provides information on the features, improvements, and known issues in this release.
To better unify branding across all of our technologies, we have changed our product names from ioTium to View Remote Access Portal. These updates are now reflected in our product UIs and in our documentation.
2. Changes in this Release
2.1. New Features
- Schedule Based Access
2.3. Bug Fixes
- A new user may need to wait a few minutes after user creation to change the password.
- SSO supports OpenID Connect (OIDC) 2.0 and SAML 2.0.
- When a user performs password change, the notification response takes about 10 sec.
- When a user is associated with multiple devices, then onboarding as well as deleting of the user takes a long time. For a user with 50 associated devices, it approximately takes 8 minutes.
- SSH to ubuntu 18.04 and higher version fails, need to allow ssh-rsa in the sshd config.
- Associating 1000 groups to an user will result in user login failure.
- For SSO with encryption enabled SAML IDP, support is not available.
- Maximum of 77 devices can be accessed via ThickClient.
- Advised to create TCP/UDP connections within the subnet with a delay of 5 minutes. This is to allow onboarding of the device to complete on the backend.
- Associate thick client users only when the group contains minimum 1 TCP/UDP device associated. Do not associate to empty group.
- Edit of hostname is not allowed for TCP/UDP connection endpoint.
3.2. Known Problems
- Portal login with external IDP can fail with error "too many redirects". This happens when the user is not logged into the external IDP or the portal url is https://
.remoteaccess.view.com/userprofilepage. Changing the url to https:// .remoteaccess.view.com will login to the portal successfully.
- Sometimes a user delete can take longer (upto 10 min) to reflect across systems. This issue can be hit when deleting a user and creating a user with the same email id immediately.
- In the password reset screen, if the old password is set as the new password and a login is attempted immediately sometimes the password reset screen is presented again.
- In a rare occurence, user logout action gets redirected to userprofile page and not log out.
- If an existing user is deleted and recreated, then email verification is not triggered.
- Single Logout (SLO) will not logout the session also at external identity provider.
- User need to perform logout/login, after changing the password via ThickClient.
- TCP/UDP device access via ThickClient is not supported after HA switchover/iNode Replacement
- As a logged in user, when viewing the active sessions will always be empty.
- US/Pacific-New timezone selection in scheduled access config may not work.
To view Release Notes for earlier versions, see here.